- Navy fleet escorts four Chinese civilian ships
- On the evening of April 14, two ships from the 31st Chinese naval escort taskforce to the Gulf of Aden successfully escorted four Chinese fishing ships to safe waters after a voyage of more than 500 nautical miles.
- New counter-terror force in Xinjiang
- The Chinese People's Armed Police have established a new counter-terror special operations unit in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
- China, Singapore hold joint military drill on urban anti-terrorism
- China and Singapore are conducting combat skills training on urban anti-terrorism in Singapore. Over 200 soldiers are participating in the largest joint drill that also is part of the "Cooperation 2019" program. The training started on July 27 and will end on August 5.