- Chinese medical contingent to Mali receives UN commendation
- The commander of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali Sector East signed an order of commendation to recognize the outstanding performance of the 7th Chinese peacekeeping medical contingent to Mali.
- Missions completed, 32nd Chinese naval escort taskforce returns home
- The 32nd Chinese naval escort taskforce consisting of the guided missile destroyer Xi'an, the missile frigate Anyang and the comprehensive supply ship Gaoyouhu attached to the PLA Navy returned to its homeport in Zhoushan in east China's Zhejiang Province on the morning of October 29.
- Navy sends its most capable combat ship on escort mission
- The Navy began to carry out escort missions in the Gulf of Aden and the waters off Somalia in December 2008. In the past decade, it has sent 106 ships and more than 28,000 naval personnel to escort at least 6,700 Chinese and foreign ships, according to the Navy.
- Joint exercises among ASEAN states bolster region's counterterror skills
- Joint counterterrorism training and exercises among military forces from members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and its dialogue countries can improve the countries' joint command and operation mechanism when responding together to regional terrorist threats, military officers said on Wednesday as related field training exercises began.