- Layered logic behind NATO's northward expansion
- Both Finland and Sweden have announced the decisions to apply to join NATO in succession, which means that NATO intends to go further northward following the previous five rounds of eastward expansion.
- Insights: Grave consequences loom should NATO expands further
- If NATO expands northwards and incorporates Finland and Sweden -- two Nordic countries with longstanding neutral and military non-alignment policies -- into its military alliance, it will undoubtedly intensify confrontation with Russia and lead to further deterioration of the security situation in the Baltic Sea region and Europe as a whole, analysts say.
- Japanese prime minister's Asia, Europe trip reveals strategic intentions
- Foreign media reported that Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida visited Asian and European countries from April 29 to May 6. Tokyo's purposes and intentions for making these visits are worth close attention because they have assumed new implications given the complexity and sensitivity of the current international situation.
- U.S. military base returned to S.Korea full of carcinogens
- The U.S. military base in Yongsan, located in the heart of the South Korean capital Seoul, part of which the U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) has returned to South Korea, turned out to be full of carcinogens, a local broadcaster KBS reported Wednesday.