- First China-Britain freight train reaches London
- The train departed east China's Yiwu city in Zhejiang province and traveled some 12,000 km before reaching Barking in East London. During its journey, the train passed through Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany, Belgium and France.
- First quantum satellite surpasses expectations
- Micius, the world's first quantum satellite, has successfully completed four months of in-orbit tests since China launched it on Aug 16, the Chinese Academy of Sciences has announced.
- China-Nepal relations cordial, cooperative: Nepalese official
- KATHMANDU, Jan. 18 (Xinhua)-- Bilateral relations between Nepal and China have always been "cordial, cooperative, marked with mutual trust and friendship," said Chairman of Rastriya Prajatantra Party and former Deputy Prime Minister Kamal Thapa.
- China, U.S. have "common cause": Trump advisor
- A top aide to U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday highlighted the shared interests between China and the United States during a public event at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in the Swiss ski resort of Davos.
- Chinese train manufacturer wins US metro deal
- A metro project evaluated at $270 million in the U.S. state of Massachusetts has been awarded to CRRC Corp., a conglomerate formed by the merger of China's top two high-speed rail makers, China North Railway (CNR) and China South Railway (CSR).