- Huawei compete with global peers to set 5G standard
- Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei has carried out the world’s first field test of fifth-generation cellular network (5G) technology using a 3.5 GHz band, which is expected to become the global 5G standard.
- Textbooks revised to underscore 14-year anti-Japanese war
- All textbooks and reference books used from primary school to universities have adopted the phrase "14-year Chinese People's War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression," marking a revision to the current wording, as the new semester began on Feb 20, Beijing Youth Daily reported.
- Myanmar fire rages across border to China
- A fire starting in Myanmar has spread across the border to China, raging through forests in two townships and into a protected nature reserve, local forest fire control authorities reported Sunday.
- Tradition lighting the way for Lantern Festival
- The 15th day of the first month on the Chinese lunar calendar, the day of the year's first full moon, has been celebrated as Lantern Festival in China for more than 2,000 years. Lantern Festival falls on Saturday.
- Magnitude 4.9 quake hits Yunnan
- A magnitude 4.9 earthquake hit Ludian County in southwest China's Yunnan Province at 7:11 p.m. Wednesday, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center.